AST 5100 Series Coil Over - Porsche Cayman (987) 5100 Series shock absorbers utilize inverted / upside down technology. The inverted design is race proven technology and produces an extremely strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment. The 5100 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design. With the 5100 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob. The adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height. How a Monotube design works? Monotube design essential for performance, The oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle. What is a rebound adjustment? Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber, By changing the rebound you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle. Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston.
- 14mm diameter internal shaft.
- 44.5 mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, inverted.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound adjustable (Singles).
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers.
- Rubber bushings for eye shock mounts.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DLC Coated shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive).
- Optional custom valving.
Porsche Cayman 987
- 2007-2012: 2.7
- 2005-2012: 3.4
- Works with OE Top Mounts
- Non-Coil Over kits have only 1 spring option for rear axle.
Have a question regarding this item? Please use our Contact Us form or call (707) 938-5664 for Customer Service.